Saturday, April 26, 2014

Hyperion 6.0 - So very very close to being finished.

Oh yea. I was able to sit down for a few hours today and knock out just about everything that needed to be done on this project. I was able to get the gloss coat on and add the reds (I honestly think that an electric blue would have looked better but hey its not my money). I was able to get all the silvers finished up and cleaned up the spots around the white.

The base is looking pretty darn good. For my own models I use Secret Weapons Miniatures resin bases. This one came on what the owner wants so I got to make it up as I went along.  My understanding of the Iron Kingdoms (PP fluff world) is that they really don't care too much about pollution or other junk like that so I went with a dirty nasty look. I added Secret Weapons Real Water to make it a more realistic water base. The Real Water will take about 24 hours to cure and there will be some shrinking as it drys so tomorrow I will have to add just a bit more and it will be done. Well it will be done after a satin coat of varnish.....





No comments:

Post a Comment