Sunday, October 19, 2014

MacBain! 1.0

The one and only Drake MacBain, Ladies and Gentlemen. This model is amazing. It has a ton of detail and really good lines for shading and highlights. At first I was thinking this was going to be another in the line of 1 hour models. I soon realized that it just was not going to happen. So lets see what we can do with him..... I am going to try to get him to a really high table top quality. I will attempting some 2 brush blending on the armour and maybe some shading/highlighting instead of line highlights on this guy. So we shall see how I do.

Here he is primes so you can get a good look at all the detail.


These are what I was able to get done so far. Mostly just laying down the base brown for what will be gold and brass later. The brown I used is Vallejo Game Color Beasty Brown, its a good mid tone and works well for just about all golds. 
The "grey" you see is P3 pig iron. Its a dark metalic that you have seen me use on other models. The flesh is Vallejo Model Color Flat Flesh which is one of the best base colors for skin I have seen yet. 

You will notice in the pics that the sword arm is absent. I took it off for easier painting and will be put back on when its time to complete the model. 



I hope to get the rest of the base colors down tonight. Stay tuned.... Its about to get real (as the kids say). 

No comments:

Post a Comment