So I happened upon this model and I really liked the simple pose. It looked like a fun simple few hour project and that's just what I was in the mood for.
I used the airbrushed ink technique on him for the blues. The more I use it the more I love how it looks. Inks and highlights under them just make shading look fantastic and take about a quarter of the time that traditional methods like two brush blending do.
I used Vallejo Red Gold on the armors trim and Vallejo Old Gold (alcohol based) for the brasses. The pictures below are just after I did all that. Now its time to let the Gloss Coat dry so I can add the oil washes and bring everything down a notch, I also need to finish the face and Blam......science.
Better pics to come in the next day or two, once the model is done, based and put into the light box.
On a side note. Video shooting is both fun and hard. Learning to paint to the camera has been the biggest challenge. So please be patient as I work the bugs out and bring you a quality product.
Thanks everyone for reading my ramblings.