Monday, April 27, 2015

Thagrosh the Painter. 1.0

First off, this model is cool, very very cool. This is a convention exclusive from Privateer Press. They took a Warlock, took away his sword and gave him a paintbrush. Then for fun and excitement they put a tiny little Khador Juggernaut in his hand!

Here is what the Privateer Press cover photo looks like.


I was asked to paint this model and really how could I say no.

I got the model prepped and pinned the resin pieces (legs and cape) were pretty rough with mold lines and vent ports.

Then it was time to prime. As big and detailed as this model is it makes more sense to paint the pieces then put it together. You'll notice in the pictures that the torso has a bunch of pins, a few of these are just to keep the holes clear and adds an additional place to hold the model while painting.

Ok enough of me, have some pictures.










3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would really like to know not only what light box you are using but also what gloss, washing technique, and dry brush technique you are employing. I am a intermediate painter and I need more instruction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would invite you to read through the posts in this blog. I think I do a good job of explaining what I am doing and how I do it. I would also recommend watching Awesome Paint Job and Schnauzerface Minis YouRube channels to learn about making oil washes and how to apply them.

    I honestly have no idea what the brand of light box I have is. My wife bought it on amazon and it does not have markings on it. You can search amazon and google to see what's available and affordable. You can even look at Meg Maples and other blogs on how to make your own.

    ReplyDelete