Saturday, September 19, 2015

Butcher 3.

I love a lazy Saturday. I was able to put about 4 hours into this guy today so far and now I'm just waiting for the Gloss varnish to dry so I can start in on the Oil Washes.

I started with getting all the Grey/Black onto the fur lining of the cape then adding all the different browns to the model. I used three main browns (well 4 if you count the undercoat for the golds). The outside cape thing is P3 Beast Hide. I've not used this brown before but its got a really nice almost cream look to it and goes on really smooth. I used P3 Blood Tracker Brown for the things hanging from the shoulder armor, and am I am totally blanking on what I used for the under-vest (that professional blogging right there folks.....).



You might notice in the picture above that the face is Green. I have seen this technique before but hadn't tried it yet so I figured, hey why not. I am impressed at how it really brings out the flesh tones and leaves decent shadows underneath. 

Silvers were added and as I still have a bit of the old GW Bleach Bone around I used that on the skulls. (seems appropriate given how much GW loves skulls).

Here is the model after the first Gloss Coat. It needs to cure for a few hours and then I'll start applying the washes. 



More pictures to come soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment