Saturday, December 5, 2015

Bombardier Bombshell 3.0

And the work continues on this model. I know it's not as fast as others I have worked on. I am taking my time and doing this one the best I can, as it's going to be my entry into the next painting competition I can get to.

I have been working on the girl's torso over the last week. I started the skin by using a base coat of VMC - Russian Green, then did a light wash in Old GW - Witch Purple. I basically made a glaze out of the paint by going with about a 15:1 ratio of water to paint. Once the wash dried, I did the same with VMC - Base Flesh at 10:1 and slowly built up the color. I really like the green, purple under the base flesh as it gives it some much needed depth.

One the base flesh tone was were I wanted it. I started to blend it with a highlight of VMC - Bright flesh. I think it looks pretty good so far.

Then I worked on the tank top, I used the P3 - Gnarls Green, then created the highlight color by adding Old GW - Bleached Bone.

After that It was time to work on the hair a bit. I started with P3 - Blood Tracker Brown and used a highlight of VGC - Beasty Brown.

Here is the results so far. Next up is to finish the torso then start finishing up the MOW suite and work on the base.


No comments:

Post a Comment