Sunday, January 17, 2016

Herne and Jonne


Well ok maybe just Jonne for now. Herne will come in the next week.

I wanted to take a break from just painting Khador models, and lets be real. I'm sure we are all a bit sick of seeing so much red from the north about now.

I was looking for a model that was fun to paint and really had some character. Herne and Jonne just stood out to me.

So I started working on Jonne as this one seemed like it would be a quick model to get together and finished. I was not trying to do anything really special. No super secret airbrush tech was used. Just good old fashioned paint brush and paint went into this one. Also I did it fast. I think I put about 3 hours into the model total so far.

I really like how the red on the shirt and the light green work well together. Not in love with the shoulder armor so we'll see if that stays or if I go a bit darker.

So here is what I have. I still need to go back and do the highlights but right now the model is sitting in the spray boots with the gloss varnish drying.




No comments:

Post a Comment