Saturday, September 3, 2016

The Blind Walker.

This was an interesting model. The studio paint scheme is very dark with greens and browns, which lets the candle light really shine through (sorry the puns write themselves!). How ever the client requested a version of the model where the gator was albino. This led to a few challenges the biggest of which was how to create a color scheme that did not all just blend together or be super contrasting. I think I found a good balance with a bit of bright color mixed in.

Also when taking on this model I knew there was a good deal of detail. I really had no clue how many bones, skulls, and candles there where. It's like if GW decided to put all the skulls in one place.

Anyway. I think it came out really well. I also went a bit beyond for the customer and created a custom swamp base.




Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Hey brotha! Been keeping up with some of your posts. Everything been looking good and I've been capturing inspiration. Been working hard at the model desk myself. Just finished a project for the Seattle club display for Boeing Museum of Flight. Celebrating 100 years of Boeing this year so we've been doing up displays for a separate area. Kinda fun. Keeps me building. Now that I'm done with that I can now get back to a couple other projects I wanna tackle. Hope all is well out there! Keep painting! Love it! - Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW - I put up some pics of the latest models. Check em out, let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete