Friday, November 29, 2013

Yay Progress!

Finally had some time to sit down with the Galleon. He looked lost and alone sitting next to my painting table. Poor little guy was just begging to be played with.

So I was able to finish painting him. and started ruining his perfectly good paint job.

First things first, I grabbed an old toothbrush (Spider Man in fact. Don't judge me). I then applied a liberal amount of water to the areas to start loosening the hair spray under the paint.  Working in sections lets you control how wet and how much paint comes up. When it looks good to you, blot it dry with a paper towel so that more water doesn't seep in and weaken the paint any further.

Now he is all assembled and drying so that I can apply a heavy dusting of weathering powders this will let me blend everything together. After that he gets a gloss coat to seal all the juices in...er I mean seal the paint job and fix the weathering. Then on to the oil washes and viola the Galleon will be done.

The chrome is still really shiny but that will get fixed with the washes.

Enough talk, here are a few pretty pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment