Friday, January 16, 2015

GW Vindicator and Predator. 1.0

My friend sent me some models to redo for him. I got these bad boys in the mail today. Just a few broken off pieces here and there so nothing major needs to be done to fix em.

We are going to be doing a Khorn theme for these. The came already in the process of being painted. So right now they are in about a gallon of Simple Green. We discussed how they should look and the over arching desire is this, Evil! Expect to see some fun and new things as I go on this one. I hope it turns out like I see it in my head.

So here are the before shots..... You will notice the whites are a bit blotchy and the golds appear to be painted strait over black. One should never paint gold over black. Always go for a brown first. This will allow for better coverage and a more natural gold look. You can alter the light and darkness (richness if you will) of the gold by the brown you use. I tend to stick with Vallejo Beasty Brown for most golds but you can go as dark as Mahogany or as bright as a Khaki if you want.








See ya'll in a few days after these have been scrubbed clean and dried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment