Thursday, June 4, 2015

Blighted Bather - Finished.

First let me say I love this model. It was so much fun to paint up. I really like all the little details like the bubbles in the cauldron, and the rock like things on her right shoulder, and seriously,.... How cool is the rubber ducky shredder?

I am really glad the client wanted this in a "normal" skin tone. I think it lent great contrast to the other colors.

All that being said. I am still learning to use the new camera and more importantly (and aggravatingly) how to edit said photos. If anyone has a good tutorial out there for Light Box or Photo Shop or any other great piece of software please let me know in the comments.

Here are a few pics.





Also not sure what that smudge on the light box is but that needs to go away. 

2 comments:

  1. Shot with the model in the center of the frame, focusing on the face or head. Your elevation is good, looking slightly down on the model. Make sure to shoot in the raw format because it leaves the image more or less unprocessed (it's essentially a digital negative). Have you manually set the white balance?

    The most import thing to work on when you process your photos is the color balance. A lot of times, a white balanced photo doesn't need much work and you can use the image processor's auto color balance and then tweak it a little manually if need be. Always crop unwanted areas out of the photo and keep the image as large as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been shooting in RAW and using custom white balance based on the lighting I am in. I just really need to learn the software. I have access to Adobe Light Room. Photo Shop, and the Canon software. I really need a tutorial on how to use the programs..... Off to YouTube I go...

    ReplyDelete