Monday, June 8, 2015

On to the next model - Ruin!

I have been waiting eagerly for this model to come out for a while now. It was finally released in May and I gotta tell you. I have not been this excited about a model in a long time. Ruin looks to me like everything Warmachine should be. It's big, menacing, has a huge club and is heavy. I am in miniature heaven right now.

I wanted something a bit epic for the base. I feel like putting something like this on a a bit of flock and sand is almost a crime. So off to the internet I went and found what I wanted from Armor Cast. I got the old Roman bridge base. Its almost 2 inches tall and fantastically detailed. Add the fact that it was like $6 and we have a winner.

Shipping from Armor Cast took about a week which is not bad at all.

So I got the model put together over about 2 hours. It was not the simplest thing to get into one piece. With PP penchant for models that have both resin and metal together pinning is a necessity. Then I assembled the bridge to a 50mm round base using the glue and green stuff method. And am using a large piece of cork to hold the model.











Primer has been applied. Now for the long (well overnight) wait for the primer to dry so I can get this one on the painting table.

No comments:

Post a Comment