Sunday, March 2, 2014

Wow, time really does fly when you have 4 kids, a wife, and a crazy job.

I realized that it has been a good long while since I updated this blog, but then it's been a really long time since I sat down and actually painted anything.

So for this installment of "What has his ADD butt painted" I started working on the one and only Wroughthammer Rockram from Privateer Press. This is a Rhulic Warjack from the Merc's faction. I got this model used, and he was not treated with love. I had to soak it in Simple Green for a day, then scrub him, then soak him again (repeated a few times). The next fun and exciting phase was super glue removal. It was like chipping marble and I really wasn't sure if I would find Michelangelo's "David" when I was through. Next it was time to pin. I went big, like 1mm thick brass rod big. for the arms, legs and torso.

He has been primed, a few shades of brown added for the rust effect, gloss coated, and hair sprayed.

You can see that I did 4 different shades of brown on this one. I am trying to vary it like you would see on real rust this time.


So here are the starting pics. I hope he comes out great.







No comments:

Post a Comment