Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Well would you lookie here. It's been a productive few days for painting little war dollies.

I was able to get the first coat of paint down over the hairspray. I tend to let the hairspray dry for about 24 hours before painting over it. It probably doesn't need nearly that long but hey better safe then sorry.

I used P3 Hammer Fall Khaki as my base coat because I am going with the paint job from the Mercenaries book. After this I'll be adding things like Chrome and Steel for the boiler, piping, joints, screws etc.

I also started on the base. I am using Secret Weapons Miniatures, Urban Rubble Base for this guy. I primed it black as I will be making it look really dusty and dirty using SWM Pigments and a grey dry brush for the rubble. You'll notice a pin sticking out of the base, its just a marker for me to find the hole that the pin in the bottom of the Jacks foot will fit into when done (pro tip....take time to try it out before drilling into the base......) Also the pin is a great way to hold onto the base while working on it.

You have to be really careful the next stage as you can't really use the airbrush (well I haven't figured out how to that makes sense for this stage) and you want your paint to be thin but you can't have too much on the brush because the moister is what is going to loosen up and dissolve the hair spray underneath when it's time to pull out the rust.

So yea....picture time.

No comments:

Post a Comment