Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Gorman.

I felt like painting something tonight. I was not in the mood to be technical or do a tutorial, or really care if I stayed in the lines. I just wanted an easy model that would look decently good on the table top. Low and behold, there he was just sitting on my painting table, primed up from a month or so ago daring me to slap some paint on him.

Now if you are not familiar with Gorman from the PP line he is usually done in really dark tones, sometimes with OSL off the vials on his belt. Sometimes done up like Dark Wing Duck (which I find very cool). But for me today this model was something I could paint up in about an hour, be done with and have it be table top quality.

I used PP Cryx Bane Base on the cloak, PP Pig Iron for the metal trim and all the other metal bits. Vallejo Game color Electric Blue on the vials, and goggles, Vallejo Model Color Carmine Red on the sash/throat thingy. and Vallejo Model Color Mahogany Brown on for the leather. The brass is from the new Vallejo Game Air line Brassy Brass and man is it pretty in person. Oh and Vallejo Model Color Dark Grey for his cloths. Once dry I hit the brown and red with some of my still coveted Devlin Mud, and the green and grey with Vallejo black shade wash.

He is shiny in the pics because the washes are still drying. I will gloss then matte coat him and call it a day.

The base is a trench base from Secret Weapons Miniatures.

Again this is not anywhere near my best work, this is just something I felt like speed painting for funz.






No comments:

Post a Comment