Thursday, October 2, 2014

Gorton Grundback 1.0

Earlier today I posted about bending the needle in my airbrush. Well the new needle is on the way and it should be here by Monday (Lord willing and the creek don't rise).

I decided to go old school and work on a model by hand with a regular old hair brush. I picked Gorton. Mostly because I think it is a cool looking model. It has good large open flat spaces and interesting details. I spent about 2 hours on this tonight and I really like where this is going.

The Khaki is from P3 (name escapes me right now). The gold is Vallejo Model Color Gold. The Skin tone is Reaper Light Flesh with Secret Weapons Miniatures Flesh Wash, which I am really falling in love with. The silver is P3 Pig Iron and is fast becoming my go to for Gun Metal. Last but not least, the brass is Vallejo Game Air Brassy Brass.






These is a lot more work to do on this guy. Lets see if I can beat Amazon.com and finish him up before the new needle gets here.


No comments:

Post a Comment