Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Diorama - 7.5

We last left off at the over highlighting and it already was starting to look rich with a good depth of color.

I went to the Hobby Lobby yesterday and got some artists inks. I grabbed the FW stuff that is made for ink pens an airbrushing. It comes in a decent sized glass bottle with a glass dropper built into the cap. How cool and old timey is that?

When I pulled some out to put into the airbrush I noticed some stark differences right away to the P3 ink. This stuff is much thinner and more vibrant. I tested shooting it through the airbrush at 10psi and had to turn it down to about 5psi to get it to shoot without spidering.

I laid a very, very light coat down over the flesh tones and man it just looks amazing. The model is drying right now. I hope to get to at least varnish it again tonight so that I can finish this up on Friday and move on to the next model.

Take a look at how its turning out so far.





No comments:

Post a Comment