Friday, April 10, 2015

Competition Model 5.0 - The Home Stretch.....

I feel all productive today. Made a video. Wrote a review on some editing software. Even managed to work on a model.

I got this little guy put on his base. I really like how the cobble stones came out. I started with grey primer on the base, then dry brushed Vallejo - Grey Black. then up to Vallejo -Stone Grey. After that I used Secret Weapons Miniatures earth powders to give them a dirty street look. I still need to clean up the rim of the base after everything is dried, varnished and ready to go.

I also got the oil washes on. I used a black on the golds and most of the silvers. I needed to knock down the shine quite a bit. I then used a bright orange oil to make a rust wash, This should help with the edges and give it a washed out rust look.

Now I'm just waiting on everything to dry for a day or two (oils take patience young padawan...)

Once everything is "dry" it will be time to coat with a matte varnish then I will add some rust powders to a few spots, finish cleaning up the base and this one will be in the books!

Well you have been patiently waiting so have a bunch of pics.








No comments:

Post a Comment